Subject: Re: 8th street patrol

From: Wilshire Center BID

Date: 04/29/2016 03:25 PM

To: LUZ BERMUDEZ <38268@lapd.lacity.org>

Thank you!

On Apr 29, 2016, at 3:09 PM, LUZ BERMUDEZ <38268@lapd.lacitv.ora> wrote:

Hi Mike,

I spoke to Ochoa today and we will set it up for next Thursday.

I have a few individuals from the Health Department that would gladly come out and help but I am not sure if you are aware that the City, in particular Operation West Bureau's new Chief kind of placed a halt on illegal vending task forces. So in another words, I am just focusing right now on specific complains and doing things lower scale not like last month when we removed 15 illegal vending sites. I will try to get more information on where they stand with that.

Regardless, I will go out with your guys to at least get them to leave the area.

Again thank you,

Officer Lucy Bermudez Senior Lead Officer Los Angeles Police Department Olympic Division

(213) 382-9140 or (213) 793-0773 Cell E-mail 38268@LAPD.LACITY.ORG

Follow Me On Twitter @BermudezOfficer

Hi Officer Bermudez,

Sounds good.

Thursday next week is perfect. I know that most of the illegal vendors come out in the evening.

So maybe I can have Ochoa and the rest of the team meet you near the Jons 8th/lrolo around 4pm and spend about two and half hours on it. They get off at 6:30pm.

Let me know what you think about that plan.

I will have Jorge or Ochoa coordinator with you.

Can we also get the Health Department out there? I have a contact at the County that I can call to work with you if you need an additional contact at the Health Department.

I can also have the clean team sweep 8th Street earlier in the day.

Thank you,

Michael Russell

Wilshires Center Business Improvement Corporation (WCBIC)

213.321.6163

Mike@wilshirecenter.com

wilshirecenter.com

On Apr 28, 2016, at 5:49 PM, LUZ BERMUDEZ <38268@lapd. Iacitv.org> wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response Mike,

I have do not have any specific days but probably Thursdays or Fridays would work best since they are out there towards the weekends.

Lets plan something for next Thursday and go from there.

If you can have your guys call me to set it up that way I can work with their schedule.

Thanks again,

Officer Lucy Bermudez Senior Lead Officer Los Angeles Police Department Olympic Division

(213) 382-9140 or (213) 793-0773 Cell E-mail 38268@LAPD.LACITY.ORG

Follow Me On Twitter @BermudezOfficer

Is there a specific day or that time you would like to do it?

I will inform the team to do some extra patrols and issue illegal vendor notices where appropritate today.

On Apr 23, 2016, at 7:09 AM, LUZ BERMUDEZ <38268@laDd.lacitv.org> wrote:

We can send out a unit or I can even go out with them every once in a while. I want to make sure they are safe too.

Thank you,

Officer Lucy Bermudez Senior Lead Officer Los Angeles Police Department Olympic Division

(213) 382-9140 or (213) 793-0773 Cell E-mail 38268@LAPD.LACITY.ORG

Follow Me On Twitter @BermudezOfficer

Thank you,

Michael Russell

Wilshires Center Business Improvement Corporation (WCBIC)

213.321.6163

Mike@wilshirecenter.com

wilshirecenter.com

On Apr 21, 2016, at 8:32 PM, LUZ BERMUDEZ <38268@lapd. Iacitv.org> wrote:

Hello Mike,

Thank you for having me over at the board meeting today. I like meeting people and making sure our businesses and the people know I am here for them.

Today after I left the meeting, I met with the manager (Pablo Tapia) of Jon's market at 8th and Irolo and he asked me if I could have your guys patrol the area due to the illegal vending on his parking lot. Fie informed me that they used to patrol 8th Street. I just wanted to verify that your bicycle crew does that still.

Let me know if that is a possibility or if its not and I will let him know.

Take care,